I’ve rounded up all my favorites to create the best holiday gift guide for kids!!
In this holiday gift guide for kids you will find suggestions for:
- Sensory Play
- Gross Motor Development (Active Toys!)
- Fine Motor Development
- 12-18 Months
- Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Big Kids
- Bigger Ticket (Worth the Investment!)
3 quick tips for using this holiday gift guide for kids:
** Think stages, not just ages.
In some sections of the kids’ holiday gift guide I will list kids’ ages to give a general idea when my children started to most enjoy these toys. As you’re looking for gift ideas, skim the lists for ages younger than your child – you may find items that they would enjoy, too!
** I prefer toys that grow with kids.
Time flies – I aim to choose gifts that will grow with kids over time. When in doubt I err on the side of buying toys my kids can grow into!
** I prefer toys that are open ended – rather than items that can be used only one way.
Overall, my favorite toys for open ended play are building materials (like LEGOs and magnetic tiles) and pretend play supplies (like a play kitchen, tools, or doctor kit). These materials can be used hundreds of ways and allow kids to get creative with their play!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. To read more about the FTC Endorsement Guides, visit this link.
Holiday gift guide for kids starts here!
- Best Gifts for Sensory Play
- Kinetic sand – the beach sand is our favorite!
- Mad Mattr – it’s like play dough and kinetic sand had a baby – so fun!
- Sensory tools – cheap and very versatile
- Magnetic wands or magnet sets
- Animal figures – small (we love these Safari Ltd. Toobs) or large
- IKEA FLISAT table (I know it’s hard to find – sharing the link and some alternatives!)
(My children started using items on this list at 2 years old. As always, please use your best judgment and do what’s safe for your child!)
Gross Motor Play
- Gross Motor Play and Active Toys (all ages):
Shop all gross motor gifts here.
Gifts for Fine Motor Development
- Fine Motor Play That’s FUN (all ages):
Shop all fine motor play gifts here.
Gifts for Babies
- 12-18 months:
- Mini shopping cart
- Trucks – I like this Green Toys brand, and I often see them resold on Facebook marketplace
- Dolls – love these plush ones for little littles (always make a point to find diverse representation)
- Chunky puzzles
- Spin Again – this is another toy my kids loved for years – tons of learning benefits!
- Animal magnets
- Buckle toy – great for the car or long waits!
- Hide and Squeak Eggs
- MegaBloks – perfect for kids who are still a little young for LEGOs
- Pounding bench
Best Holiday Gifts for Toddler and Preschoolers
- Toddlers + Preschoolers:
Shop all toddler and preschool gifts here.
Gifts for Big Kids
- Big kids (5 and up):
Shop all big kid gifts here.
- Favorite Games:
- Pop the Pig – excellent first game, math focus (age 3 and up)
- Hungry Hungry Hippos (ages 4 and up)
- The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game (age 3 and up)
Shop all of our favorite games here.
Worth the Investment
- Unexpected + Worth the Investment:
- CD player or discman (yes, like we used to have!) – it’s an awesome calming strategy for kids!
- Climbing dome – cheaper option than a swing set and a smaller footprint.
- Bounce house – great for get togethers with family and friends – or cold winters in the basement!
- Dual screen DVD player (if your car does not have one I recommend this over a tablet for travel – easier for very young kids on long car trips)
- Kitchen helper – if you don’t have one, they’re worth the money! It helps kids participate in the kitchen, and we still use ours daily!
Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you found this Christmas Gift Guide for Kids helpful for your own shopping! Remember to sign up for my weekly newsletter here.
Getting ready for the holidays? Check out my favorite Christmas Books!
Have young kids? You will love these 50 EASY things to do with toddlers!!