Snack time is an important part of a 7-year-old’s day, providing them with the energy and nutrients they need to thrive. It also helps to have recipes that 7-year-olds can make as well! As a mom, you want to ensure that your child’s snacks are not only tasty but also healthy.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of 20 easy snack recipes that are perfect for 7-year-olds. These recipes are simple enough for your child to help with and are packed with wholesome ingredients that will keep them satisfied and happy. Let’s dive into these delightful and nutritious snack ideas for 7-year-olds!
This post is sponsored by Dexas. All thoughts and feelings are my own.
- Fruit Kabobs: Create colorful and refreshing fruit kabobs by threading bite-sized pieces of grapes, strawberries, and melon onto skewers. This snack provides a boost of vitamins and fiber.
- Banana Sushi: Spread peanut butter or cream cheese on a whole wheat tortilla, place a banana at one end, and roll it up. Slice into bite-sized pieces to create fun and healthy banana sushi rolls.
- Yogurt Parfait: Layer yogurt, granola, and fresh fruits like berries or sliced bananas in a glass or bowl to create a nutritious and delicious parfait. The combination of yogurt and fruits provides a good source of calcium and vitamins.
- Apple Donuts: When you’re looking for recipes for 7-Year-Olds to make, don’t skip apple donuts!! Slice apples into rounds and cut out the center. Then top them with natural nut butter, and sprinkle with granola or chopped nuts. These apple donuts are delicious and nutritious!
We love these Grippmats from Dexas – they are amazing for prep and also make great serving/snack mats! The non-slip backing on the back side of each cutting board grips to counter surfaces. This is great for safety!
Vegetable Snack Recipes for 7-Year-Olds to Make
- Veggie Sticks with Dip: Slice carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers into sticks and serve them with tasty dips like hummus or yogurt-based dressings. These veggie sticks are packed with vitamins and fiber.
- Cucumber Sandwiches: Spread cream cheese on cucumber slices and sandwich them together. These refreshing and crunchy cucumber sandwiches are a low-calorie and hydrating snack.
- Vegetable Sushi Rolls: Spread cream cheese on whole wheat tortillas and place thinly sliced veggies like cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper. Roll tightly and slice into bite-sized pieces for a nutritious and fun snack packed with vitamins and minerals.
Protein Snack Recipes for 7-Year-Olds to Make:
- Cheese Quesadillas: Fill tortillas with shredded cheese and cook until the cheese melts. These cheesy quesadillas provide a good source of protein and calcium.
- Ants on a Log: Spread peanut butter or cream cheese on celery sticks and top them with raisins. This classic snack is rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups: Roll up slices of ham with cream cheese and cheese to make protein-packed roll-ups. These roll-ups offer a good balance of protein and calcium.
Grain Snack Recipes!
- Mini Pita Pizzas: Top mini whole wheat pita bread with tomato sauce, cheese, and veggies for a nutritious and tasty pizza snack. Whole grains in the pita bread provide fiber and essential nutrients.
- Mini Bagel Pizzas: Slice mini bagels in half and top them with tomato sauce, cheese, and your child’s favorite toppings. These mini bagel pizzas are a fun way to incorporate whole grains and veggies.
- Mini Pancake Muffins: Pour pancake batter into mini muffin tins and add berries or chocolate chips for extra flavor. These mini pancake muffins are a great way to enjoy whole grains and fruits in a bite-sized form.
- English Muffin Pizzas: Split English muffins, top them with tomato sauce, cheese, and your child’s favorite toppings. Toast them in the oven until the cheese is melted for a satisfying whole grain snack.
Snack Recipes with Nuts and Seeds!
- Trail Mix: Mix together a variety of nuts, dried fruits, and whole grain cereals to create a custom trail mix. This snack provides protein, healthy fats, and energy-boosting nutrients.
- Energy Balls: Blend dates, nuts, oats, and a bit of honey or nut butter to make energy balls. These bite-sized snacks are packed with protein, fiber, and natural sweetness.
Other Snack Recipes for 7-Year-Olds to Make:
Dexas Silcone Baking Mat is perfect for
- Frozen Yogurt Bark: Place a Dexas Silcone Baking Mat on a cookie sheet. Spoon flavored yogurt onto the mat. Add toppings like fruit, chocolate chips, or sprinkles. Place in the freezer until solid. The frozen yogurt bark will peel right off and can be broken into chunks. This is a cool and creamy treat with the goodness of yogurt.
- Popcorn Trail Mix: Combine air-popped popcorn, pretzel sticks, and dried fruit for a crunchy and sweet trail mix. This snack provides a satisfying combination of whole grains, fiber, and natural sweetness.
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles: Blend fresh fruits with water or juice and pour the mixture into popsicle molds. These homemade fruit popsicles are a refreshing and healthy alternative to sugary frozen treats.
- Book and Cookies: Break apart cookies are always a classic, and it’s always fun to pair an easy baking activity with a book. We love making cookies and reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie!
Wrapping things up, snack time can be both delicious and nutritious for kids.
Snack time can be even more fun with these recipes for your 7-year-olds to make!! These 20 easy snack recipes provide a variety of options categorized by food groups, ensuring a well-rounded and balanced snack time. By incorporating fruits, vegetables, protein, whole grains, and healthy fats, you can provide your child with the essential nutrients they need to thrive. So, get creative in the kitchen with your little one and enjoy these delightful and nutritious snacks together!
Want more ideas?! You will love these posts with easy recipes and snacks for kids!